It’s not so far after I bought 2 „flytrap“ plants, to try to keep those flies away – they are quite annoying this summer!
Yes, by „flytrap“ it’s kind of green little plant, that have „mouths“, to catch & eat flies or other flying thingy.
That will be very interesting to most people! See more on Wikipedia at here (en) or here (de)
But more than that, when I noticed existence of the art of nature, I almost always want to take a picture.
And this time I tried to leverage my mere photography knowledge about it with my mobile phone…
I costed one hour and got 2 satisfying pieces:
This one isn’t that good… The phone camera has bad focusing capability, and even though I always focus manually, it can’t do „depth“ well – leafs are here and there!
But see this:
So that I decided to „shot one thing and shot it well“. By focusing on a single part, it gave a unique spot: feeling of „new-born“. Maybe is the best!
(I think it can be my alternative wallpaper, pleasant and cool. You can have a try, too!)
Since they are young, it have no red color (as shown in Wikipedia pics) nor many „leafs“. Though, keeping it was made simple enough – just put water regularly. Hope it will remain well!
- Photos taken with Open Camera, available on F-Droid
- Photos taken with HDR, they feel best as for that time
- Photos slightly manipulated with GIMP, notably used „focus blurring“ filter. Exported as 1920x1080 jpeg with 90% compression
- Copyright? For this time I’d put to public domain.
I live in a village. Though development changed it somehow, here still have the best explanation of nature – feel it, and it’s just pure like that.
In contrast, nowadays people have modern urban life. It’s great to enjoy all benefits it takes to you/us, to expand ones experience & view.
While difference are there: when talk about „street“, my mind comes thoughts of a regular & busy life – but when photography takes place (that „Straßenfotografie“ around here!), it will turn a sudden of seemingly-casual pass to a colorful frame full of details, and people will remember, imagine, and feel life – it’s not until here I feeling about how impressive it is.
And after that, let’s back to plants: In reality, I hardly see people in cities enjoy plants, and now it even become an „absence of beauty“. More than that, environmental problem raised – too much carbon & heat, over-use of non-reproductive resources, and lose of ecosystem balance.
So what can we do about this? This is a photography community, let’s take some relative photos, with various ideas, and share them, so that people would touch nature, have fun, feel diversity, „get the lost piece back“.
- Start with as simple as Roses or Trees, around local environment. Maybe a garden?
- Something special, like this „flytrap“, that can be also apparently funny or useful
- I think taking pictures about „people interacting with nature“ could bring it to life
- Record real-life actions that caring about our ecosystem
- A dedicated „nature“ (sub-)category, or something similar?
Inspiration isn’t stopped here, there are far more possibilities, or even opportunities…